Saturday, December 20, 2008

On Snow Blowing and Blowing Hot Air Generally


I sure like the snow blower I gave myself as an early Christmas present.

Some relevant stats:

Last time I shoveled my 110 foot driveway, it took me the better part of three hours and left me with some significant lower back pain. For subsequent years, I hired my mechanic and his plow but every time he raised his prices it was signifcant pain in the tookus, which is located slightly south of the lower back.

One of Sears' Finest Craftsman blowers wasn't cheap but two things occur to me. If we have as much white stuff this year as last, it will pay for itself. And I haven't had as much fun in winter since I wore a little blue parka with mittens strapped in the sleeves.

Our governor seems to be having some great fun blowing hot air this winter. Quoting from Kipling, making a dramatic protestation of innocence and promising to "fight, fight fight" the charges, he's slammed the "lynch mob" that's after him. Honestly, if his attorney Sam Adam Jr. had used the word "honestly" one more time in Blago's newser the other day, I might have started to believe he was honestly trying to convince us he and the Gov are being honest with us. Then I remembered the old joke about how you can tell if a lawyer is lying to you: his lips are moving.

Several friends of mine think it's possible the governor will get whacked before he ever goes to court. What could he possibly spill that would be grounds to kill him?

I think Blago will be around for a long time. The books say psychopaths enjoy watching their victims writhing in agony.

Illinoisans? Prepare for a long winter of writhing.

No comments: