Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Of The President, Roland, and A Missing Girl

I had two comments to write on my Facebook page during the President's speech last night. One was that I was listening to him and, I said, "feeling hopeful."
The man has vision and some of the toughest problems to solve that any President has ever faced. I think he can make inroads if we, and Congress, work with him. That's my two cents. Disagree if you like but please, pray that nothing happens to him. If it does, we're in a world of hurt.

The other comment was that Nancy Pelosi would make a marvelous bobble head(tm if required).

I felt a little sorry for Uncle Roland, though, the man John Kass in the Tribune refers to as Senator Tombstone. CNN had two shots with him in the background as the President passed by last night. Temporary Senator Burris wore this odd little smile which reminded me of a new kid in the neighborhood wistfully watching the other kids play, knowing they will never let him be part of their group. It's ironic because many of them are probably looking over their shoulders at potential indictments just as he is. The only difference is, we know what he's done. The other senators' secrets are a little more hidden. At least for now.

Speaking of hidden secrets, how about the Deerfield girl who went missing for all of 30 hours or so last weekend.? What's going on behind closed doors there, eh? Rumor has it that within minutes of their little girl showing up, daddy and mommy told the cops, "She's fine, there was no crime, don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out."

I won't speculate on what happened, but I am willing to bet that the cops never had the full cooperation of her family or her friends.

The North Shore, despite appearances to the contrary, is a tough place to grow up.

No comments: