Monday, August 2, 2010

Inception an Interesting Conception

It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it sure was one of the oddest. At three hours, it certainly was long.

I think folks are right. To understand the intricacies, one really needs to sit through all three hours at least twice. I got the basics after the first half hour. The next two and a half were mind-numbing. Not boring, just way too much. . .crap. If someone would just explain the subtle stuff I missed while I sit in a more comfortable chair that would be great.

I didn't really enjoy the film, more just endured it. Leonardo was terrific, however. Not that he got to the depth of emotion the sub-plot required but he was intense and believable. Seeing it in iMax was a treat. The size of the screen added another dimension to the special effects, which were Oscar worthy.

The imagination that went into Inception is worthy of another Oscar for Best Dreamed Up Plot.

Speaking of dreaming, the nightmare that is the coverage of Lindsay Lohan continues. I saw an article that she was released from jail after serving two weeks of her 90 day sentence for whatever it was that got her into trouble. Now she goes into rehab. She's scheduled next to appear in a biography of Linda Lovelace. How very, very appropriate.

No comments: