Wednesday, April 2, 2008

More on Shameless Self-Promotion

A friend who's writing a book asked me yesterday when I'm going to start promoting Every Secret Crime, since it won't be out until June. Then another friend called and asked when he can start wearing his official Reno McCarthy shirt (a really cool marketing gimmick...nifty logo on a black 5.11 Tactical shirt ...more available soon).

So here's the deal.

We've already started promoting, publicizing and marketing.

When I hosted a talk show on Chicago radio, I had two basic rules. 2-3 weeks advance notice (no more, or my walnut-sized brain couldn't handle it) and the better the cookies included with the press kit, well, I won't admit to playing favorites but, I digress...

Crime will be out June 18th. ARCs (Advance Review Copies) have gone out to reviewers, of course, and we've sent teaser letters with a four-color (and very spiffy) sell-sheet to several hundred libraries and bookstores throughout the Midwest. The artwork is either in-process or complete and submitted for magazine ads that will run in the May-June-July issues. Complete marketing/publicity kits will go out to libraries and bookstores in the next month with a full court press to the media in May and June, depending on the target (newspaper or broadcast).

Personally, it's tough not to start handing out bookmarks and chaplets to everyone I see right now but, darn it, the cookies aren't even baked yet!

No comments: