Thursday, July 22, 2010

Believe What You Will

My friend, Lindsey, gave me the news earlier this week.

Doctors found cancer in her brother Eric's pancreas last Friday. He is 25.

Lindsey's family was devastated.

I prayed for them.

I prayed as an older member of my church once suggested, by asking for a miracle. Hey, it sure doesn't hurt to ask.

I was going to write a note to the Uplift Team at church today, in fact, to get some help in prayer.

Just now, however, Lindsey texted me:

"You will never believe this. I still don't. They called this afternoon and said it was a fluke.

"There was nothing there.They did the test over twice and his pancreas is completely normal.But the test they did last Friday...the doc was sure it was cancer.It's unbelievable.They said it must've just been a shadow, but these docs are the best of the best...."

Nope, I said.They may be good, but they aren't The Best.

Choose to explain this any way you wish. My feeling is...for those who read this and who are not Believers...here's your invitation!

Praise God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's fantastic. I'm very happy he's okay. If there is someone out there...I really need him right now.

Doug M.Cummings said...

There is. Without a doubt.