Thursday, June 30, 2011

Does This Strike You As Familiar?

From My Notes, Part 1:

Cable fellow just arrived. Couple of days beard growth, shirt out of pants, he looks like every mugshot of a pedophile you've ever seen. He enters (Socks did not hide. I think we're okay). "Where's the modem?" (sigh). I show him. (another sigh) He hooks up his Big Device. (sigh 2x). "I gotta look at the boxnthepole." Looks at box. (sigh) "Sonofa..." Goes to pole. Clumps back across yard. "Dere's some funny stuff goin' on dere in that box. Some splitters not spozed to be dere. I gotta....mumble...(sigh)." If he doesn't stop sighing, I'm getting him an oxygen bottle.

Part 2:

He briefly got lost in the shrubs just short of where he needed to go and tripped over one of the yard lights. Once at dapole, he slammed the ladder against it and I heard "Shit!" Now he's back at dabox. I wonder if he heard me a minute ago as I prepared to give my credit card to a vendor over the phone? I said,"Let me move away from the window. Sure don't want the cable guy having my credit card info!" I didn't hear a "shit" or a (sigh) so maybe I'm okay. Oh boy, here he comes with his helmet pushed back on his head looking really disgusted.

Part 3:

He just cut the cable from dabox to dapole. (sigh) Tried to reconnect.(sigh) Realized he had no slack. Dropped it. Looked at it. (sighhhhhhhh blown through his teeth). Helmet pushed back on his head, he's rolling out to datruck. We'll see if he has cable with him in sufficient amount to do the trick...

Part 4:

He returns with large spool of cable. Drops it on dapatio (sigh). Goes to dabox. Mumbles "mother____!" Walks back toward box, stepping in flowers, doing what looks like a dance step when he realizes where he is, disappears in bushes. Ladder slaps against dapole.

Part 5:

He's back on dapatio. (biggest sigh so far). Strips wire. Takes out electrical tape. Scratches self with it. Mutters something. Goes back to dabox. Focuses on dabox for about fifteen minutes. Clumps back to dapole. Strings new cable from dapole to dabox.

Part 6:

He's finished. I ask him how it went. "Well dere was a kinda mess in dere. Loose connections and this, I don't know what it was, bypass thing we're not supposed to use. I dunno why it's dere. I tightened...mumble...down to the D3 connector (sigh)...there's two lines...one not in use...I tied it off. The connections, dey were loose...mumble...up dapole. . . BUT IT WORKS GOOD NOW, HEY?"

Yeah, buddy, thanks.

Only problem is . . . after all that . . . I still have the same problem. (sigh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Pedophile...ewwww. At least Socks didn't sense evil.