Monday, June 9, 2008

Blog Book Tours

One of the best things about promoting books these days is that you can often "tour" from the comfort of your easy chair. One way to do that is guest-blogging and I'll be doing some of that this month. My complete schedule is posted on my website at wwweverysecretcrime.com

This week I'll be a guest on Joyce Tremel's wonderful "Working Stiffs" blog. She'll post me on Thursday, June 12th. Take a look at http://workingstiffs.blogspot.com .

Next week, on June 19th, you can view my musings over on Helen Ginger's Straight from Hel site at http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com .

And then coming up June 22nd, I'll be ((Live!!)) visiting The Writers' Chatroom for a lively discussion and Q and A. That starts at 6pm CDT and will run for about two hours. Please join us and don't be shy about asking questions or telling everyone how much you love my writing. Or...not. www.writerschatroom.com . I think it will be a hoot!

Many thanks to Julia Buckley for doing a Q and A with me last week on her site, Mysterious Musings. You can still take a look at http://juliabuckley.blogspot.com .

While my publication date is June 18th and of course can be celebrated with the usual round of backyard picnics, parades and fireworks, I ask in the interests of safety that you wait until July 4th to actually set off any celebratory explosions in your neighborhood and please, please do not shoot guns into the air under any circumstances. Those bullets have to come down somewhere and you don't want to injure or kill any potential book buyers. I think it was Ben Franklin who said "People with bullet wounds seldom think about buying books." Maybe that was Bob Franklin. Anyway, something to remember.

Another note about the publication date: Five Star tells me it may take a couple of weeks for the books to actually make it to stores and to the online retailers like Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Long lines may form (think Harry Potter...) so please be patient! Of course, if you order online now, chances are you'll be the first to get your copy and I happen to know Amazon is offering a five percent discount for pre-orders.

No comments: