Monday, June 16, 2008

What You Can Do To Help Market My Book

Two days to go before Every Secret Crime is released.

I could really use your help marketing my book. No, I don't need to have you carry a bag of them in your trunk.

The first thing you can do is buy the book or check it out from your local library. More on that later.

Once you've read the book, please, please write a review on either Amazon(http://www.amazon.com/) or Barnes and Noble's (http://www.bn.com/) website. On Amazon you have to post under a valid user name that you've previously set up. It's easy and you can use whatever name you choose. On Barnes and Noble you can just post without registering.

Point of sale reviews are critical. Many people who have bought the book tell me they did so only because of the reviews they found on the listing page. Please review the book. Of course, it helps if you say you liked it!

Another huge thing you can do to help is . . . ask your local library to buy the book. That's easy to do, too. Some libraries will honor your request. Some won't. Call the Adult Reader Services Desk to make your request. A librarian friend tells me, "If one of our taxpayers asks me to order a book, I ask how many copies they want us to have." It can be that simple. A library purchase is a purchase and I need people, and libraries, to buy the book.

So to review (so to speak).

Buy the book. Read it. If you enjoyed it, please post a review on Amazon or Barnes and Noble's website. Go to the listing page for Every Secret Crime and follow the instructions. Easy.

Ask your local library to order Every Secret Crime. Please.

Thanks!

No comments: